Official IRC Channel of RGFHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the RGF Forums
Hey, we're working on the site again, so please do excuse the mess.
IRC is no longer up - It'll be moved here sometime soon.
GTA:IV modding support, and section coming soon.
Other cool sites
Similar topics
  • » Game marinade.
  • » A sauce for all game.
  • » Maxd 18 The Dog Game 4 Avi 001
  • » The Game Guide
  • » Y8 and Y3 (Game websites)
  • » Game-Bandit 4.1
  • » Game Bng Pes8 Vit Nam Rar
  • » Game Leaders - You have work!
  • » Worms 3D (portable) - PC game
  • » I'm bored and want to play a game~
  • Index
    Site
    Home
    IRC Chat

Forum
    Share | 

Hacking (modifiing) Game Consoles????!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What Operating System Do You Prefer?
    Windows Vista (32 Bit-64Bit)
    11%
     11% [ 1 ]
    Linux (Any,Ubuntu,Fedora.etc)
    22%
     22% [ 2 ]
    Windows Xp (32 Bit-64Bit)
    44%
     44% [ 4 ]
    Windows 7 (32 Bit-64Bit)
    22%
     22% [ 2 ]
    Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
    Elements MOD RF
    Regular
    Regular

PostSubject: Hacking (modifiing) Game Consoles????!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!!   Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Well, as we all know allot of people are hacking gaming systems now, including myself. It is fun but it is risky at the same time, you screw up...simple...your screwed. BUT did you know that the ds is capable of running Linux, and so is the Wii, and the Xbox 360, and Play-station 2 is capable of having a hard drive installed and having Linux installed to that so your play station 2 becomes a desktop computer????!!!! Now i think that is awesome, Anyways the real reason for this post is, i wanted to know what gaming systems you liked, and if you have any cool gaming system hack story's... thanks

Last edited by EditorFreak395 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added name part to strighten out any confusion - EF)
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://gamersheaven.forumotions.net/forum.htm
    digital_ruler
    Regular
    Regular

PostSubject: Re: Hacking (modifiing) Game Consoles????!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!!   Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:38 pm

My first modded console was a Playstation 1 Very Happy Mod chip installed so, ahem, BACKUP copies of games could be made Twisted Evil

Got an original Xbox, softmodded it, installed a bigger hard drive, you know the drill. Got some linux distro on it (forget which), and even hosted an RF server off of it via WINE. Didn't perform very well, but it was fun.

Eventually I got another Xbox off a friend for $20, and used a mod chip to recover from a failed softmod. That now sits in our living room running XBMC (but too bad it can't do 1080 Sad)

I have an Xbox 360 but I don't feel it's worth the effort to mod it.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Elements MOD RF
    Regular
    Regular

PostSubject: Re: Hacking (modifiing) Game Consoles????!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 pm

LMAO, that sounds like fun, right now im trying to run ubuntu, or any other Linux distro i can get to run on it....lol
    Back to top Go down
    countejacula

PostSubject: Re: Hacking (modifiing) Game Consoles????!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:37 am

My favorite thing to mod is my Pocket pc , you can do all kinds of cool things with it . my first console modded was also a ps1 Surprised
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Elements MOD RF
    Regular
    Regular

PostSubject: Re: Hacking (modifiing) Game Consoles????!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:59 pm

lol, my first and yet to be is a play station two, i haven't finished it yet, but i need a hard drive in it ( the fat boy version of play station) and a network adapter, and cog swap. then i install Linux on it and im good to go.... WOO
    Back to top Go down

Hacking (modifiing) Game Consoles????!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1